||[Jul. 25th, 2003|04:23 pm]
|||||Pull Me Under-Dream Theater-Images and Words||]|
Yeah, another of my unexplained absences. I've been unable to talk about stuff going on in my life. I could have made things "Friends only," but for the most part, I prefer the all or nothing approach.
I have a feeling my inability to speak may change soon. If/when it does, you'll get a full update.
Anyways, I saw today's Friday Five, and I had to post on that one. And I know that when dragonpookie sees it, he will have to answer them too...
1. If your life were a movie, what would the title be? I think it would probably be Infidel. That's appropriate in a number of ways, I think.
2. What songs would be on the soundtrack? Oh, hell, what songs wouldn't be on the soundtrack? I've always said "If they made a movie of my life, it'd probably be boring as hell to watch, but the soundtrack would kick ass!" (or something to that effect...). Instead of buying a CD for my soundtrack, people would buy a 30GB iPod...
3. Would it be a live-action film or animated? Why? Traditional cel animation. That way the "so skinny you can see through him when he turns sideways" joke would actually be true. (Although, actually, I have a true story that demonstrates it's true in live-action as well...)
4. Casting: who would play you, members of your family, friends, etc? Hmmmm...
(Yes, I know most of these people are too old to play the appropriate parts. Just de-age them as necessary, or don't worry about it, since it's animation...)
Young Kurt: Haley Joel Osmont
Current age Kurt: Wil Wheaton
self: Edward Norton
technomonkey: Ben Stiller
Amy: Joey Lauren Adams
I think that's about all I should add, but if you want to know who you'd be played by, or have other specific requests, just add a comment at the end, and I'll respond.
5. Describe the movie preview/trailer. Screen starts black, dramatic music starts: Movie guy voice: "IN A WORLD..." Dramatic music comes screeching to a halt as I appear on screen. (All parenthetical comments cut to a different angle of me, ala Gollum in Two Towers) Kurt: "Yeah, the world's known as Earth, you may have heard of it...Look, my life's not big and dramatic enough for a trailer, let alone an entire movie. There's no great romance (romance a-plenty, but none of it's great...), no car chases (unless they include those couple of times in my junior year of high school), and nothing pops out of anyone's stomach (unless the movie goes all the way up to my sister giving birth...), but you know what? I still think you'll enjoy it. Why? Because I had fun living it, and I think that shows. Check it out. At the very least, it'll be good for a laugh or two, in that 'Thank God that isn't me' sort of way." Fade back to black. Big white letters: "Infidel. Coming this March." Kurt (VO): "March? Oh, crap. They really wanted to bury this sucker, didn't they?"