|A little late to this meme party...
||[Dec. 11th, 2009|10:08 pm]
|||||Hero Of The Day-Metallica-S & M||]|
Reply by typing the word "worms".
I will then give you five words that remind me of you.
Then post them in your blog and explain what they mean to you.
This went around in late November among a few of my friends, and I eventually asked shironiku for five words...And even more eventually (like, now), I replied to what he said.
I'm really curious why "worms" is the key word for this, as I have my own connotation connected with that. Anyone know the meme starter on this?
Anyways, here they are.
1. Comics - My continuous passion. I've had plenty of different hobbies and interests over the years, but since I started reading comics, I haven't stopped. Although I still read mostly the superhero stuff, it's part of my mission in life to make people understand that there's much more to the medium than that. My long term goal (and at this point it's looking longer and longer term...) is to open up my own comic book store, partially because that's the only way that I can think of that I can be involved in the business with my skill set (I definitely can't draw, and while I think my prose is good and would only get better with practice, I can't come up with plots to save my life).
2. D&D (technically three words, I know; deal) - Dungeons and Dragons for the uninitiated. I got the "red box" back in Christmas of 83, and I have owned and played every single edition that has come out since then. I've played other role-playing games over the years, but I just keep coming back to D&D. It's like a comfortable pair of shoes. Even the newest edition, which is as radical a change as the one between Basic and Advanced, just feels right to me.
3. Unflappable - It's funny that Rich would say that about me, when he's witnessed me in the throes of a panic attack on at least one occasion that I can recall. However, outside of those, which are now controlled by medication (yay Lexapro!), it is very difficult to shake me up. I've been described by Myra as "the most laid back panicky person ever." There was a comedian once who described his philosophy in life as "Acknowledge, move on." (I don't remember the comic, but he got it from a skateboarder whom he witnessed take a spill.) I have definitely taken that as my own.
4. Kermit - My hero. Other than when Freddie Mercury died, I don't think I ever was more depressed about a celebrity death than when Jim Henson died. The gentleness and wisdom of Kermit is something that I have always aspired to. And I do a half-decent impression of his arm waving and "Yaay!" from the opening of every episode of "The Muppet Show."
5. Lucian - Yeah, I can see the resemblance there...What's funny is that I totally didn't see it when I saw Underworld the first time. People had to point it out to me. And outside of this film, he and I look nothing alike.